- 2 lbs (4-5) Salmon Filets
- 1/4 C Butter, Melted (plus extra for greasing pan)
- 2 Tb Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary (I didn’t have any fresh)
- Unrefined Sea Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Spinach leave
- American corn
- hand full of Fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 tbs Onion
- 1/2 tbs garlic
- 1/4 tbs Celery
- 2 tbs butter
- salt, per taste
- pepper, as per taste
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice in a bowl, add chopped garlic, salt and crushed black pepper.
- For the special touch, grate some lemon zest.
- Chop parsley and rosemary.
- Marinate salmon filet with all the fresh ingredients.
- Boil pasta in water and salt.
- Chop blanched spinach leaves.
- In a pan, add butter ,chopped garlic,onion & chopped celery,saute
- Add the pasta ,corn and spinach leaves.
- Season the pasta with salt & pepper.
- Now pasta is ready, let make grill salmon fish.
- Heat the pan, add butter & place the salmon filet , sear one side for 2 mins and second side for 2 mins.
- Finish the fish in pre-heated oven.
- For lemon butter sauce, melt butter,add fresh lemon juice & chopped rosemary. Finish it with chopped parsley.
- Assemble, pasta on the plate & place grill salmon filet on it, serve with lemon butter sauce.
- Enjoy with white wine.
Piña Colada Cake
For cake batter:-
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons coconut extract
2/3 cup crushed pineapple (do not drain)
1 1/4 cup cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
A pinch of baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons coconut extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease two round 8 inch pans and line with parchment paper.
Beat the butter and sugar for about five minutes until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and coconut extract and pineapple and mix until combined.
- Sift together the flour, powder and salt. Sift in a little at a time.
- Beat the egg whites and baking powder & baking soda in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until medium peaks form.
- Whisk about 1/4 of the whites into the batter to soften it and then fold in the rest. Do not overmix. Divide evenly into the pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slightly soften the cream cheese and butter, just enough so that you can beat them together.
- Beat for about five minutes until smooth.
- Add the extracts and then the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. Frost cool cake and top with some sweetened flaked coconut and dried pineapple flowers
Chutneys by Indian region:-
There are specific chutneys to Indian regions, depending upon the raw material availability and palate of people.
- Assam—coriander, spinach, tomato, curry leaf, chilli, radish, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, lentil, chickpea, and ghost chilli chutneys.
- Andhra Pradesh—coconut, coriander, red chilli with grams, tomato, onion, peanut, lemon, curry leaf, tamarind, green chilli, ginger, pudina (mint), and mango chutneys
- Gujarat—hot lime chutneys
- Haryana—tamarind chutney
- Himachal Pradesh—guava and egg plant chutneys
- Karnataka—coconut, peanut, tomato, tamarind, mango, urad dal (lentil), mint, heeray kayi (ridge gourd), uchellu (niger seeds), bende kaayi (lady finger), ginger.
- Kerela—coconut, pudina, urad dal,mango, dry fish, shrimp, and onion chutney
- Maharashtra—hot, raw mango chutney, guramba, panchamrit, mirachicha thecha. Dry chutneys made with Javas (flax seeds), Solapuri Shenga (peanut), red chili powder chutney.
- Orissa—dhania (cilantro), pudina,coconut, mango , orange, tomato, dry fish chutneys.
- Punjab—pudina (mint) chutney, onion chutney, tamarind chutney, mango chutney
- Tamil Nadu—coconut, coriander, curry leaf, red chilli, green chilli, tomato, ginger, mint, mango, lentil chutney
- Uttar Pradesh—coriander, garlic, mint chutneys, sweet and sour mango, green chilli, and jaggery chutneys
- West Bengal—lime, green mango, tomato, papaya, pineapple, date, dried mango jelly and other dry fruits, green chilli chutneys.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 mango - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon color capcium
- Salt & crushed black pepper as per taste
- Sprig of rosemary
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Marinate chicken breast halves with oil,chopped garlic,red wine, salt and pepper. Place on the prepared grill. Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm.
- In a pan, add oil and saute chopped garlic. then add refine flour and saute until brown,the remaining juices of the chicken.
- Pour in the cider vinegar and red wine. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce in low heat.
- Chop fresh ripe mango, jalapeno,cilantro,colored capsium. Mix all the ingredients, add salt and pepper for taste.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve place the grilled chicken, pour one spoon of the sauce & fresh mango salsa.
- Enjoy the dish with your friend’s & family..
Tiramisu (pick me up) , Italian dessert which is basically made with egg,mascapone cheese,wine,coffee. Here i present you my version of tiramisu. Which can be dipped and enjoyed. The recipe of dipping tiramisu is given below:-
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Marsala
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces (1 cup) (227 grams) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 28-32 crisp ladyfingers(Savoiardi)
Coffee Soaking Syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) very strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Marsala
- Cocoa Powder for Garnishing
- 1 ounce (30 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, grated or chopped
- Beat egg yolks in a double boiler with white sugar till it reaches soft peak.
- Add Marsala wine, butter & vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Add room temperature mascarpone cheese & mix lightly.
- pour the mixture in the serving glass bowl.
- Take espresso, sugar and Marsala wine and mix till the sugar crystal dissolves
- Pour in a glass bowl.
- Dust cocoa powder and grated chocolate on the egg & mascarpone cheese mix
For serving:- Dip crispy lady fingers in the coffee & Marsala mix ,then dip in the mascarpone cheese mix & enjoy..